It is important to have your boiler serviced and safety checked annually to ensure that the boiler is operating correctly, safe and efficiently. It is also a requirement by the boiler manufacturer that for a warranty to remain valid an annual service must be carried out and a record kept.
Servicing regularly will also reduce the risk of breakdowns and identify any problems that may lead to a breakdown.
This will include the following:
• Service and safety checks to ensure that the boiler meets the current industry standards carried out by a registered Gas Safe Engineer.
• Testing of controls to ensure correct functioning including safety valves and devices, if not identify faults.
• Removal of boiler casing to conduct internal inspection all components i.e. heat exchanger, burner, sensors, switches, electrodes, fan, if fitted the condensate trap, expansion vessel and casing seals. Where necessary cleaning to take place.
• Ensure working pressures are operating correctly and to manufacturers requirements.
• Flue inspection and product of combustion analysis to check CO/CO2 levels are within safety range. A record of the annual service will be completed and copy left with the customer in order to comply with manufacturer’s annual service recommendation. Manufacturer instruction service book signed and dated.
top of page
bottom of page